Theresa May Rules Out Second EU Referendum!
In a bid to rescue her Brexit credentials, the Prime Minister, Theresa May, has ruled out a second EU referendum under any circumstances.
LIKE THIS? PLEASE SHARE IT using the url – https://youtu.be/VOiKGb8WbkU
*SUBSCRIBE* to Jeff Taylor Here: https://goo.gl/NyzUPo
How to *SUPERCHARGE* your YouTube videos – start for FREE: http://bit.ly/2vbl9z2
According to senior political correspondent for Sky News, Beth Rigby, a spokesman for the Prime Minister has ruled out a second EU referendum.
“PM spokesman says there will not be a second referendum “under any circumstances”. There wasn’t going to be a snap election either was there. #JustSaying” she Tweeted.
This is of course in response to a call made earlier by former cabinet minister Justine Greening for a second – three question – EU referendum based on either: taking the Chequers deal, staying in the EU or leaving without a deal.
A stupid idea of course, because there’s nothing more likely to return a majority of less than 50% of voters submitting valid ballot papers than a referendum with more than a binary choice.
What would they do if this were to take place and Remain got 49% and the other two choices shared the remaining 51% equally? Claim a win against the 2016 52% majority? How would that go down?
Greening’s argument is that parliament has just about reached an impasse and the only way to free the constipation is to give it the laxative of a peoples’ vote.
Well, we did exactly that two years ago and the Remain led establishment worked hard to ensure that got all gummed up, so I strongly suspect they would do exactly the same again until the electorate buckled under to give the ‘right’ answer.
And the lead up to a second referendum would only be fear-mongering politics on steroids from the Remain side.
Scott Mann resigned putting more pressure on Theresa May.
And the Mail quotes what they call a ‘senior Eurosceptic’ as saying:
“There is a cold fury about Boris, which is unusual for him. He is totally fed up with Mrs May because he feels he’s been tricked. No10 have put it about that David Davis’s resignation forced him to follow suit. But that isn’t the case. He felt she hadn’t been a straight dealer and he had to go.”
Moving on, you may hear today that fewer EU citizens are coming to the UK looking for work, which the left is portraying as a bad sign and indications of a slowing economy.
But today’s migration report from the Office for National Statistics actually says:
“EU net migration continues to add to the UK population with around 100,000 more EU citizens coming to the UK than leaving. The estimated number of EU citizens coming to the UK “looking for work” continued to decrease over the last year and the number coming to the UK for a definite job has remained stable.”
So the number of those coming speculatively has fallen. But the numbers with a job to come to are about the same as before.
And an ONS statistician commented in the press release:
“With around 280,000 more people coming to the UK than leaving in 2017, these latest figures show that migration has continued to add to the UK population. Net migration fell following record levels in 2015 and early 2016 and has been broadly stable since. This is similar to the level recorded in year ending September 2014.
“Underlying this immigration has remained broadly stable at around 630,000 and emigration has shown a gradual increase since 2015 and is currently at around 350,000.”
Now, surely amongst those 630,000 people coming in to the UK there are sufficient doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers, builders, plumbers and electricians to fulfil our needs and replace the 350,000 leaving? Or would it make more sense to replace as required on a more one for one basis? Just asking.
PM spokesman says there will not be a second referendum “under any circumstances”. There wasn’t going to be a snap election either was there. #JustSaying
— Beth Rigby (@BethRigby) July 16, 2018